петък, 3 август 2018 г.

"Before you slip into unconsciousness
I'd like to have another kiss
Another flashing chance at bliss"

Woke up with this going on around my head (doesn't happen that often to wake up with a song, but it is a wonderful thing nevertheless). 

"The Crystal Ship" starts with one of the most beautiful opening phrases ever. Not even sure why I love it so much; it's probably the simplicity, the way it draws a complete picture of a feeling with only two strokes. That's how I wish to be able to write.  

Sitting on the floor at my parents' living room right now. It will start raining soon; they've left the city for the weekend, I have work to do. My high school books are just nearby and I can imagine bringing back to Belgium Morrison's biography. It was the thing that got me into the Doors all those years ago; and I remember sitting in this very apartment, on this very floor, having to study for a test on Ancient Greece's culture, reading instead about Jim's own enthrallment with Greek mythology.

Whenever I'm home, I always bring back to Belgium with something very random, anyway. In February it was a favourite pillowcase - a blue one, with the sea and a ship. I stole a book with Joseph Brodsky's essays from a friend, as well; not sure when I will return it to him, actually. I remember my flight to Brussels that day was a very early one; I remember the moment we landed at Charleroi I received a text from my flatmate (his nephew had just been born - and because the parents didn't want to know the sex of the baby beforehand, it was revealed it's a boy only upon birth; so I was greated back on Belgian soil with an ecstatic "we got a penis!" message. Kind of loved the hilariousness of it all, and the fact I was to know about a new life being born). I remember  going for a walk later in the afternoon, just before a meeting with a friend, and sitting by myself at the Metfaoor with Brodsky's book; and Doors and the War on the Drugs were again on the speakers there, and it was very cold on the streets, and the coffee was okay, and the new semester was just around the corner. 








Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар